2009-06-24
I think I'm brave enough now ...
As promised, here are some post-op photos. Eventually I want to have a whole album dedicated to before and after shots, but I want to wait until all the swelling is gone and my bands are off for good.
Me in the hospital room shortly after being wheeled in from recovery. I've got the ice packs strapped on my face, the IV jammed in my hand, the oxygen mask over my nose and mouth (after both this surgery and my ACL repair in '98, my oxygen levels have been too low to go without assistance), the compression socks on my legs and the blood pressure cuff on my arm.
The day after surgery when I was released from the hospital. Love the swollen lips, half-out-of-it eyes, and last but not least, the Jaw Bra.
Post-op day 5: Pretty much the peak of my swelling and bruising. Gratefully, I didn't bruise nearly as badly as I thought I would. If you look next to my chin and under my eyes, you'll see the patches of yellow.
Today, post-op day 16: Very little swelling remains, and the bruises are long-gone.