That being said, here's another post to enjoy.
Because I didn't have to be to the hospital until 10:30 last Monday, Seth and I decided we'd go see the new Oquirrh Temple because it's such a short drive from my aunt and uncle's house where we were staying. The temple is having its open house, but Seth and I didn't come prepared with tickets or Sunday clothes, so we just walked around the grounds. The morning light peaking through the clouds was beautiful, and I couldn't resist shooting some pictures.
After seeing the Oquirrh Temple, we still had time to kill, so we decided to drive to the recently dedicated Draper Temple. We could see it from where we were, so we just kept taking roads that seemed to lead in the right direction. A couple of u-turns and a little bit of backtracking later, we found the right place. The temple was closed because it was a Monday, so we had to walk around outside the gates.
The spire and Moroni as seen through the fence.
By the parking lot entrance.
It's amazing how many temples and churches are in Utah now. From where we were standing in the parking lot of the Draper Temple, Seth and I could see both the Oquirrh Temple and the Jordan River Temple. As we were driving from one temple to the other, we pointed out every LDS church we saw (once we spotted three on just one road).
The temple is one of my very favorite places to be, and just standing outside reminded me of that.
The temple is one of my very favorite places to be, and just standing outside reminded me of that.