2023-11-29

Lagoon

We were going to go to Lagoon on Saturday, October 14. I purchased the tickets. Then I decided that everyone at our house was going to get flu and COVID shots before Seth and I left on our cruise because I knew of at least four people who had recently gone on cruises and come home with COVID. So we got shots on Thursday, October 12. And then Miriam and especially Ana got really sick that weekend. Going to Lagoon was out of the question unless we wanted to torture our children.

So instead we went to Lagoon on the last Saturday of the season: October 28. It was cold. It got colder throughout the day. I was sure that, because of the weather, there wouldn't be that many people at the park. I was wrong. But we all managed to have a good time. 

Seth writes a program that would route Rebekah's laptop sound through her phone and into her hearing aids while on the drive. Such a good dad.

Seth, Rebekah and Ana in the park.

Andrea, Miriam, Winnie and Ana on the pirate ship. We got the very end seats, so it was a great ride. Seth and Rebekah chose to sit this one out so they wouldn't feel sick.

Ana and Andrea on the swings. Seth and Rebekah also sat this one out.

Getting gelati as a treat. Why did we pick a cold treat on a cold day? I'm not sure. It was delicious, but we were all shivering.

Winnie, Ana and Miriam watch the animatronic in line at the new ride: Primordial. We waited for two whole hours to ride this one. If we had realized the line was that long, I think we would have spent our time fitting in a bunch of other rides. Lagoon doesn't have an app that estimates wait times and some of the line is hidden in buildings, so we had no idea what we were in for. It was definitely a cool new ride, but I don't know that I could say it was worth the two-hour wait.

Ana, Winnie and Andrea ride Reentry. Seth, Miriam and Rebekah had already headed out of the park. This was our last ride of the day.