2023-12-07

Halloween

The Grovers were divided for our Halloween festivities, but Rebekah still celebrated from afar. We carved pumpkins, Winnie went trick-or-treating, and Miriam and Ana watched a scary movie (Nope) with some ballroom friends. Rebekah carved her pumpkin at a Family Home Evening activity. All the girls wore their costumes to school. I asked if I could go out trick-or-treating this year while Seth stayed at home and supervised the older kids.

Winnie with her pumpkin guts and the sheikah eye (from Zelda) pattern for her jack o'lantern.

Miriam's pumpkin guts.

Seth's white pumpkin.

Ana's pumpkin innards.

Family picture. I bought four pumpkins thinking Rebekah could carve one, but she had her own in Rexburg that she carved at Family Home Evening, so Seth carved our extra. 

Silly picture. Originally Seth and I were going to have a pumpkin together, but I used the time they had carving pumpkins to pick up the credit card I dropped at the corn maze while there with Winnie.

Ana's Jurassic Park, Seth's doge, Winnie's sheikah eye, Miriam's Zelda symbol.

Winnie's light art.

Miriam's light art. (It's an M for Miriam.)

Ana's dino head light art.
The monster Rebekah carved from one of her scary movies.

Miriam dressed up as a Camp Halfblood Kid (from Percy Jackson). She and a friend coordinated costumes and made the necklaces and T-shirts together. Unfortunately, the friend didn't wear hers to school on Halloween.

Miriam the vampire. She had made a cape from loop yarn that she received from her birthday, but it was a very short cape. For trick-or-treating, she borrowed an old cape of Ana's.

Andrea the dinosaur.

Seth as John Hammond from Jurassic Park.

Ana as Ellie Sattler from Jurassic Park (recreating the scene when she tends to the sick triceratops).

Rebekah as Alan Grant from Jurassic Park. Most people at college didn't know who she was. Woody from Toy Story?