2014-07-12

Snowbird

Every summer Seth and I nerd it up in Snowbird at the annual Jostens summer workshop for middle school and high school advisers and students who congregate at the ski resort to plan next year's book. Our job is to take pictures and shoot video of the happenings and create a slide show that sums up the workshop at the end of the award show on the last day.

In the past, we've just brought ourselves and whatever baby had to come because she was still breastfeeding. This year we decided that Rebekah could come along and enjoy the ride with us.

The beautiful, green landscape soon turned ugly as, over the course of a day, rain and fog settled around us and then turned into a blizzard. This was in June, folks. Mid-June. Boy, I was glad I threw in our jackets at the last minute. As it was, we were still poorly prepared; Rebekah had only brought flip-flops and a pair of slip-on shoes with giant holes for the big toes to poke out of because they're too small for her, but she insists they're too comfortable to part with. Seth tried to help her out by piggy-backing her from the lodge to the classrooms, but ended up slipping and dropping her. Alas, I don't have a picture of the droppage, but I do have piggy-back and running-through-the-snow pictures:

Coming down the steps on Daddy's back.

Running into the Snowbird Center. This was lush and green the day before, people. I kid you not.

We finished the slide show with time to spare, so Seth participated in the talent show Jostens has before the awards.

He sang/played Gaslight Anthem's "The '59 Sound."

Our slide show played without much of a hitch (Seth had to figure out how to get the sound to play with the images, but being the computer genius he is, it didn't take him long), and we all came home happy and tired. Rebekah enjoyed it so much that she can't wait to come with us again next year.