During the last full day of school (Remember back to when school was in session? Man, I'm behind on blogging ...), the elementary school's student council emceed a talent show. Each 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade class got to choose one boy act and one girl act for the school-wide show. Rebekah was voted the girl act to represent Mrs. Clarke's third grade class.
Toward the end of the show, I suddenly heard someone playing the piano, but I didn't see anyone on stage. Turns out, the piano was on the floor on the opposite side of the gym where I was sitting. I ran over to catch a few pictures of Rebekah playing "Temple Dancer," a song from one of her piano books.
She played it flawlessly. She sure made her mom proud, and I'm positive she made her piano teacher (and the school's part-time librarian) proud. This was her first year of piano lessons, and she has definitely excelled. I can't wait to hear how great of a pianist she'll be after another year of lessons.

