2014-07-12

Checking out Darby

I have the immense pleasure of being one of the assistant stake camp directors for girls' camp this summer. How did I get lucky enough to be called as such? Well, when your mom is called as the stake camp director, apparently your name comes easily to her mind when she's thinking of assistants.

In preparation for camp, the stake camp director (Mom), her husband (Dad), her two assistants (Candis and I) and one of their husbands (Candis', not mine, who had to stay home and watch the girls) and one of their daughters (mine, because Analee wanted to come) traveled up Darby canyon to check out our future digs.

We checked out the amphitheater in preparation for our stake night:


We saw some bunnies:


We tried out the giant slide:


And the newly installed low ropes course:


I can't wait for girls' camp next month when all the Young Women in the stake get to call Darby their home for a few days.