2011-04-28

Let's go fly a kite

Months ago when we were all experiencing some serious cabin fever, the girls BEGGED me to fly kites with them. (It didn't help that I had bought each of them a $1 kite from Wal-mart.) I insisted that we wait until there was no more snow. And it wasn't too cold. And it wasn't TOO windy.

When I finally ran out of excuses, we gathered the kids and their kites up and drove to the church's field. And boy, am I glad we did.

Bekah took her Barbie kite on its maiden voyage into the wild blue yonder.

Bekah concentrates on keeping her kite in the sky.

Analee running to keep her Ariel kite up.

And tries out some unconventional kite-flying stances.

Despite her dislike of the grass, Miriam attempts to escape from the stroller.

When the front didn't work, she tried to go out the back.

Seth flies the pretty pink Barbie kite.