2010-03-15

Miriam's baby book

My awesome and talented sister-in-law, Rachel, thought she owed me a favor because I took some family pictures for her a while back. So when I mentioned on a blog post that I needed to buy a baby book, she offered to make one for me.

That's right. MAKE one. 'Cause she's that awesome and talented.

I used some very nifty digital scrapbooking software to create the pages (using my other girls' store-bought baby books as templates), and then I handed them over to Rachel. This is what she brought over tonight:


How cute is that?! I bought the little butterfly in the corner so it could go under the book leather, but Rachel provided/took care of the rest.

Here's a closer look:


And here are a few of the pages I made:


I tell you what, I am NOT a scrapbooker. I have no patience or space for all the necessary scrapbooking materials, but if I can use a computer, templates and some software, it's a go.

And you can tell how excited I am about this book because I have wasted no time in blogging about it. Again, gotta love the templates and 'puter.