Bekah got to spend the afternoon with grandparents and cousins in Rexburg, and Ana went with us on our adventure to Starlite Skating.
Mind you, Seth has been rollerskating about one time in his life. And that was when he was 11 or so. And I haven't been on roller skates since I was a teenager. And I'm 37 weeks pregnant. And Ana is a mere 2 1/2 years old. So you'd think we would have realized that this would be an ill-fated journey. But apparently we're just too dumb.
Proof that Ana actually wore skates for 5 minutes. And proof that our mommy camera overexposes images when it's shot in the near-dark.So after arriving at the rink, writing a check, getting our skates and lacing them up, we took one slow, painful trip around the rink. Ana's feet kept slipping out from underneath her. Seth and I had to keep pulling her up by her hands/arms that we were holding. And by the time we had made one trip around, Ana was sad and in pain.
"I don't yant to do dis!" she yelped.
Knowing that nobody could possibly benefit from the situation, we promptly took off our skates, returned them, and asked hopefully if we could get at least a partial refund. The darling girl at the skate counter actually brought us our check so we could rip it up. And then we asked Ana, "What do you want to do? What would be fun?"
"I yant to doe to da mall."
So rather than spend $12 to roller skate, we spent $0 to read picture books at Barnes and Noble, $0 to play on the toys outside JC Penney, and 50 cents to ride on the mechanical ice cream truck.
