But after we moved Bekah into the girls' shared room, I spent hours preparing what had previously been Bekah's room for its transformation to Miriam's room. It's been finished for a while, but I've been negligent in photographing and blogging the finished product. No longer!
- You can see the Pack and Play parked next to the white dresser. I haven't put it away because Miri will sleep in our room for about a week after she's born.
- The white dresser is an old piece that my sister and I used to share when we were growing up. My parents let Seth and I have it when we got married, and I just barely repainted it and put new drawer pulls on for Miriam.
- The car seat and Miriam's bag is sitting on the floor, ready for our trip to the hospital.
- The red dresser is a piece that Grandpa Wirkus painted and gave to us about a year ago. In the baskets on top, I've got toys and hats/hair accessories.
- The crib is pretty self-explanatory, but we'll take a closer look at that in a minute.
- The three framed pictures on the wall are pieces of fingerpainted "art" that I created when I was in kindergarten. I gave them to Grandma Wirkus after their creation, and she carefully saved them for decades. When she passed away and my mom and her siblings sorted through her old things, Mom rescued the pictures and gave them back to me so I could frame them.
- The rocking chair is one that my parents bought for us when we were expecting Rebekah. Ana (obviously) enjoys swiveling it around.
View from the rocking chair.- Learning from past experience, I finally caved and bought a clock for the baby's room. It's hard to know how long you've been nursing your baby when you're extremely sleep-deprived and it's two in the morning.
- On top of the white dresser, I've got wipes, burp cloths, diaper rash cream and blankets. I haven't yet cracked open the new box of newborn diapers; they're peacefully residing in the closet for now.
Closeup of the corner.- My mom found this picture among some old things and gave it to us for Miriam's room. It's a painting of the Biblical Miriam taking care of Aaron and Moses.

Closeups of the crib bedding.- Unbeknownst to me, my mom decided to make a complete set of new crib bedding for Miriam. She had done the same thing for us when we were waiting for Bekah, so I hadn't expected her to make new stuff for kid #3.
- I love the fabrics she picked out. I'm all for gender-neutral crib bedding, and the fabric on the inside of the bumper pads and on the quilt is super-soft. And the colors match the walls that I spent so many hours painting.

