2008-11-14

violent tendencies

Last night Andrea and I were trying to figure out what was wrong with our washing machine. In the process of moving it I slid/dropped it onto my naked, unprotected big toe. As Andrea said afterwards, "When I get hurt, my first reaction isn't to hurt myself somewhere else." Well, apparently that is my first reaction, as I punched a fist-size hole into our laundry room wall. At least I have small hands.

Do I need anger management or something? Are my wife and children going to have to cower in fear from now on? Am I some sort of Hulk? Is there danger lurking within?

Disclaimer: Of course I would never, ever, ever harm my family or any other human being, unless they really had it coming. Nor would I damage any wall anywhere else in our house besides the laundry room, and I'm pretty sure I'd better not even do that again or I'd probably have the wrath of Andrea bring its dreadful hammer down on me, which I'd prefer to avoid.