After hiking South Leigh Creek, Winnie asked, "When are we going to hike Monument?" I can't let the kid down, so we scheduled a time when a few of us could go (Thursday, August 26) and took off for Darby Canyon. We had originally scheduled to go the week before, but some crazy rain necessitated a change of plans.
Seth stayed for work. Bekah and Ana stayed for band and ballroom camps. Grandpa stayed for volleyball practice. So it was just Winnie, Miri, Grandma and I hiking the 6.5ish miles. We met several groups along the way, including people from very far away (Philadelphia and ... Russia, maybe?) who had come on the hike because it was recommended to them.
Winnie at the big bridge crossing.
At the monument. Grandma was feeling dizzy and Miriam's bunions were hurting her, so they stayed here while Winnie and I went up into the cave.









