The mountains were calling. I didn't know which ones. So I did some research and found the South Leigh Creek Trail. It's an easy (500' elevation gain) 8-mile there-and-back trail, so we gathered the troops on Saturday, August 14 (minus Rebekah who had to stay for band meetings) and checked it out. The scenery was gorgeous. I'd like to go back sometime earlier in the season to see the wildflowers in bloom.
One of the many creek crossings.
We were trying to decide what kind of print this is. (Seth's hand for scale.) After some research, I think it's a mountain lion. I'm happy to hear other theories, though. We also saw old bear scat/prints.
Three hardworking girls sitting on a log.
Miriam and Winnie playing in the creek.
Seth and Peach at the creek. We ate lunch here on the way back out.
Couple selfie with the creek.






