2021-09-07

Banding and ballrooming

 Both of our high schoolers have been busy with their respective extracurriculars before their first days of the school year. Bekah has had fund raisers, camps, a parade and meetings. Ana has had classes, camp and a retreat. I don't have pictures from everything they've been up to, but I've got some!

Bekah and the BHS marching band participated in the shortest-ever parade Tuesday, August 24 honoring the American Legion team from Idaho Falls that won back-to-back world series. We went for the blonde trombonist and stayed for the hot dogs and huckleberry ice cream. 

Bekah marching along Memorial Drive. They marched from the corner of Broadway and Memorial to the courthouse. It was less than half a mile.

Playing on the courthouse lawn.

Clapping for the team.

Getting ice cream with her friends.

Ana's ballroom team had a retreat August 27-28 after a weeklong camp getting their choreography worked out for the season, and I was asked to help chaperone. The kids went to the BYU-Idaho ropes course and bowling, then to Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner and Rigby Lake for camping. Since I was spending the day watching kids, I brought my camera along and snapped pictures of them especially at the ropes course.

Seth joined me that evening and stayed in a tent with me. The kids were told to retire to their tents at midnight. I only managed to stay up until about 10:30 and then asked if I would be shirking my duties if I went to bed. Terri (the ballroom team manager and a friend from our ward) and her husband are much nicer than I am and stayed up with the kids.

Ana, Lilli and Samantha during a group game.

Ana making it through the spider's web with the help of her team.

Ana ziplining.

Pretty soon we'll have pictures of both girls at halftime performing with their respective groups.