2017-09-20

Seth's ordination

Group picture taken outside the church after Seth's ordination and setting apart. Grandpa Hendricks, Grandma Hendricks, Uncle Justin, Aunt Rachel, Hudson, Aunt Jessica, Grandma Scott, Grandpa Scott, Seth, Andrea, Uncle Tyson, Aunt McKall, Grandpa Dennis, Grandma Susan.

The evening of September 9 after Seth returned from a week of hunting in Island Park, he and I went to a scheduled appointment with the stake president. President Andrus informed Seth that our ward would be getting a new bishop the next day and that Seth had been called to serve as one of his counselors. Seth accepted the call, and the next day he was sustained in sacrament meeting. His father ordained him a High Priest, and the second counselor in the stake presidency set him apart as the second counselor of the Coltman 3rd Ward bishopric.

Since we didn't know he would be ordained and set apart until the night before, we had a few phone calls to make that evening. In the end, Seth's grandparents, his sister's family, my sister, my brother's family and my dad (who is currently serving in a student ward in Rexburg) all showed up to see him ordained and set apart, and then we had a lovely picnic lunch together in our yard following church.

Seth had asked how I would handle sitting alone with the kids while he's on the stand every week, but I reminded him that I'm the luckiest woman in the world because both my parents and my in-laws live in our ward boundaries. I may not get to sit next to him, but I'll have grandparents bookending our pew and helping to keep the kids in check.