2017-09-12

Eastern Idaho State Fair

While Seth played in Island Park, the girls and I did all the Saturday housework ahead of schedule so we could make it down to the last day of the Blackfoot fair.

 Analee and Miriam pet horses in their stall.

 Winnie talks to the geese.
Analee shows off the longest curly fry ever. 

Winnie and Miri take a bite out of the giant smoked turkey leg Winnie picked for lunch (and shared with everyone).

Rebekah plays a giant game of Connect Four. 

Miriam makes magnetic sculptures. 

Winnie plays in the corn box. 

Analee rolls around in a giant plastic ball. The girls saw this attraction two years ago, and Analee remembered it. She brought her own $10 to do it because I'm too cheap to pay for that after buying tickets to get in and overpriced (but delicious) food. 

Rebekah milks the "cow." 

Winnie, Rebekah, Miriam and Analee check out the petting zoo. 

Rebekah and Winnie pet the bristly sleeping pig. 

Miriam sweetly pets a calf. She was quite upset that I wouldn't spot her the $10 to do the giant plastic ball thing ("Mom! I promise I'll pick up 1,000 pine cones as soon as we get home!"), so she spent some time sulking. But this picture of her and the calf is too cute.

Every girl got to pick a treat. Winnie opted for cotton candy (it had to be all pink, none of this pink AND blue stuff) while the rest of us had Reed's dairy ice cream.