2015-10-25

No more naps

For more than 10 years, my life has revolved around naps. Not my naps, mind you, but my children's. I have a strong conviction in the power of sleep, and so I have scheduled visits, volunteering, errand-running and life in general around my girls' nap times.

But when the youngest child kept getting out of bed at night because she had napped so well in the afternoon, I thought it may be time to do away with naps.

This has taken some adjusting to. Because, despite my best efforts, sometimes this happens:

Winnie napping on the couch while Miriam snuggles/watches TV.

And I have to totally rethink my life. Instead of having to be home by noon so kid(s) can eat and nap, I can spend the afternoons taking kid(s) to the library, shopping or going on walks.

Between this and my downsizing from a diaper bag to a purse, I feel like a new woman.