I thought my other 1-year-olds were shrimpy when measured up at their check-ups. Man ... Winnie is the shrimpiest of them all.
Height: 29.5 inches (58th percentile)
Weight: 16 pounds, 12 ounces (8th percentile)
Head: 18 inches (71st percentile)
She still rides in her infant car seat facing backwards (because, let's be honest, I'm lazy enough that I prefer just unclipping the car seat, carrying it in to the grocery store and plopping it in the cart rather than unbuckling her, pulling her out and buckling her into the cart). She still wears a size 2 in diapers. She mostly wears 6-9 months in clothes. In fact, I barely put away the 0-3 month onesies two days ago.
Winnie's so little that every time I see her walking around (she's been going at it for more than a month now) I think, "This kid is too tiny to be on her feet."
Winnie obviously disagrees.
But the pediatrician says she's following her curve just fine, so he's not concerned about her size. Developmentally she's right on target.
Winnie's 12-month words:
- No (I heard this for the first time yesterday.)
- Puppy
- Bekah
- Baba (our term for pacifier)
- Roar (when she sees a tiger/lion)
- Mama
- Dada
