2013-10-16

Ana's stitches

I don't know what this girl has against her left eyebrow (I think it's quite lovely), but Analee has now tried twice to gouge it out or sheer it off or whatever you do to rid yourself of an eyebrow. (For a refresher of the first time, click here.)

Last Thursday evening, Grandma Scott invited Rebekah and Analee over to her house for dinner with the missionaries. Apparently the girls were playing some game involving sliding around on their hands and knees on the hardwood floors when Ana's face made a quick decision to see the floor up close and personal.

Grandma called to let me know that there was a "situation." She explained that Ana had a gash above her eye. She figured I could come take a look at it and decide what needed to be done.

I jumped in the van and drove to her house one street over from ours (Have I ever mentioned that BOTH sets of grandparents live one block from us? Best thing EVER. But that's a post for another day ...) to assess the situation. One quick glance at Ana's forehead (or "forenoggin, as she calls it) let me know that we would be seeing a doctor that night.

 Ana and her gashy wound.

Seth took care of the other girls while I drove Ana in to our 24-hour care center (I'm SO glad it's 24-hour now. Back when Ana got her first set of stitches, everything else was closed and I had to take her to the ER. We waited for.ev.er.) The care center had just one other patient waiting, so we got back fairly quickly.

One cotton ball of topical anesthetic, a couple of shots of more anesthetic, three stitches and a bandaid later, Ana came home with a pre-Halloween Frankenstein costume. She did really well throughout the process (she yelled during the shots, but I think those shots warrant a little shouting) and stayed calm almost the entire time.

Three more stitches.

And because I know you're dying for a side-by-side comparison of her stitches at age 2 and again at 6, here it is:





If she continues with the current pattern, we can expect Analee to need another three stitches in her left eyebrow when she turns 10.