Heaven help us. My 2-year-old is already developing a sense of fashion and her own personal taste.
As I was putting away groceries, Miriam came to me in the kitchen and said, "Nakey baby, Mama," as she lifted up her shirt. "Shirt off." So I took of her shirt, wondering what she was getting at.
She seemed happy to be bare from the waist up, but before she could prance off, she turned around with a look of consternation and said, "Pants off, Mama." I took off her pants thinking that she just wanted to run free for a while.
No sooner had I shucked off her drawers, however, than she told me, "Pretty dress." She took my hand and led me to her closet upstairs. I selected one and asked, "How about this one?"
"No. Pink."
So I found one that fit her requirements and asked for her approval. She happily let me pull it over her head and turned around saying, "Pretty dress!"
With two big girls, a toddler girl and a baby girl on the way, I'm afraid this is portentous. How many changes of clothes and shopping trips will we be forced to endure until we're no longer financially responsible for them?
