2012-07-09

Bekah is 7

Rebekah enjoyed a birthday celebration similar to Analee: dinner of her choice shared with guests (macaroni and cheese with Mack, Tav, Grandma and Grandpa Scott and our family) followed by present opening, cake and a piñata.

Analee, Tav, Mack, Rebekah and Miriam eating mac & cheese, watermelon and veggies at the kiddie table. 

Rebekah opening a charm bracelet-making set from her cousins. The looks on her face as she opened the presents were absolutely priceless.

The princess dress Grandma Scott made her.

Her array of presents on the ground.

Like I said, priceless.

The cake I made her. Perhaps you remember my last attempt at fondant. (Disastrous.) But I found an awesome fondant tutorial on Pinterest and decided it was worth a second shot. This fondant recipe/instructions: golden. We slapped a Tinkerbell figurine on the top and called it good.

Bekah blowing out her candles. Half of them were already out because of the breeze. I've GOT to remember to take the cake inside next year.

 
Bekah taking the first swings at her homemade Tinkerbell piñata. (Note to self: Sunglasses are NOT a good idea for piñata favors. They will all be broken by the time they hit the ground.)

To see more pictures, click here and scroll down to the bottom of the album.