2009-11-18

Announcing girl #3!

Seth and I were all aflutter when we went to my ultrasound appointment yesterday. I had no preference of gender; all I wanted was a healthy baby. So when the technician announced that it's a girl, I was genuinely happy. Then I remembered that we already have a girl name picked out (the boy names have continually moved through a like-it-a-lot, like-it-less cycle), so when I thought, "This is little baby Miriam!" my heart soared.

Bekah's initial response was a little different. When I told her that she will have a baby sister, she flopped down on the couch and said, "Oh, great!" I told her that Heavenly Father knew that she would be a great big sister to a little baby girl, and she responded, "But didn't Heavenly Father know I wanted a BROTHER?!"

We know she'll warm up to the idea. She loves her little sister Analee, but I think the novelty of a brother seemed interesting to her.

Now I can buy the couple of things I need before the baby is born: a baby book and a photo album. Pink or purple, of course!

Here are some ultrasound pics!

Her little profile.

Arm next to her head. She'd better move that down before the labor begins. Bekah had her arm next to her head during the delivery, and that forced the doctor to use forceps.

Her tiny hand and all five fingers! She's waving at you!

Her face. The dark circles are her eyes.