It took a bit of coaxing, but I managed to get all four of us dressed up for the ward's Halloween party on Friday night. I tried reassuring Seth by telling him that if no other adults were dressed up, he could simply remove his crown and cape. I, on the other hand, had no change of clothes and would be forced to stay in my old high school formal throughout the duration.
But our worries turned out to be nothing but that. Almost all the kids and lots of other adults dressed up to enjoy an evening of soup, cake, games and face painting. And through just a little bit of totally legal tweaking (Yeah, yeah. We voted for ourselves. And Seth persuaded the sister missionaries to vote for us, too.), Seth and I won the adult costume contest and were awarded with movie tickets. Woohoo!
We received lots of compliments on our costumes, and I even received a few "Wow, Sister Grover. You look so pretty!" comments from some of my cute Primary kids.
I also inadvertently announced my pregnancy to a few more people in the ward. Being almost four months along and no longer able to fit into any non-maternity pants, I assumed that my baby bump was obvious. So when people said, "It's amazing you can still fit into a high school dress" and I replied, "Well, I had to pick the one with the empire seam so I'd have plenty of room for my round belly," they HAD to ask, "Are you expecting?!" Ummm ... yeah. Pretty much.
Anyhow, we're glad the girls got the opportunity to wear their cute princess dresses as dresses last week, because this Saturday when we're trick-or-treating in the brisk Idaho autumn air, they'll be wearing them over long johns, pants, shirts, socks and sneakers.