2008-12-08

This, too, shall pass UPDATE

I am no longer minus a bracket; I went in last Wednesday for my new one. While I was there, the orthodontist decided to go ahead and tighten everything up. Braces are seeming more and more like a medieval torture device.

By Friday I hadn't seen the missing bracket come through Ana's system, but I wasn't sure if it warranted a trip to the doctor. After all, a bracket IS very small. It could have passed without me finding it. But after a call to my doctor brother for advice, we decided to play it safe.

Analee was wary of the nurse, x-ray technician and doctor, and she really didn't want to lie down on the table for the x-ray, but she did amazingly well. The technician was super, too. He told me to lay Ana down, then he strapped a big vest around me so I could stay with Ana and hold her hands, and he had Bekah stand in the booth with him. He even let Bekah push the button ("The big green button, Mommy!").

The only metal that showed up on the x-ray was on Ana's onesie. So she is totally bracket-free.

I feel better that my bracket didn't somehow get lodged in Analee's spleen, but, as with anything medically related, that peace of mind will come at a price.

Anyone want to pay the bill when it shows up in our mailbox?