1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I usually stick with wrapping paper. And Seth always has to comment on how my wrapping jobs look prettier than his. It's all about the creases.
2. Real or artificial tree?
Real, fo' sho'. We (the Scott family) have the awesome tradition of going to Fall Creek the weekend after Thanksgiving and cutting down our own tree. Our girls have been real troopers as they've been dragged along the past few years.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Again, usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. If we've got it, we might as well dress it up!
4. When do you take the tree down?
It depends on how well we've watered it. Last year we had to take it down the day after Christmas because it was shedding worse than a dog.
5. Do you like eggnog?
It's in the fridge. Apparently our girls love it too. Bekah asks for "cold eggnog" almost every morning for breakfast, but we hold off until later in the day.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A bouncy, mischievous black miniature schnauzer named Otto. Santa left a note in our tree one year, and we got to pick him up the next May after he was born.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My in-laws. I don't know why, because they're the nicest in-laws anyone has ever had, but I have a hard time figuring out what they would like/use/want.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Rebekah and Analee. Since they're only 3 1/2 years and 18 mos. old respectively, it's easy to please them.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
My mom has this thing about collecting nativities, so she has started me on the same kick. We have five nativities on our mantel.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. It's just not the same with the e-.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
There's no such thing as a "worst Christmas gift." But the worst thing that ever happened to a Christmas gift was when Otto chewed up the seat and handlebars on my brand new mountain bike on Christmas day.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
I can't narrow it down, so I've got two: Muppet's Christmas Carol and A Christmas Story. I have yet to watch either this winter because we've spent our Christmas-movie-viewing time watching Frosty the Snowman and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas. Bekah prefers those.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
As soon as possible, but never soon enough. I'm a stressball when it comes to Christmas shopping.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not that I can remember.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
For Christmas Eve dinner, it's ham. But other favorite Christmastime treats include eggnog pie, candy canes and all the yummy stuff the neighbors bring over.
16. Lights on the tree?
We stick with twinkly white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Currently I'm loving Josh Groban's "Little Drummer Boy." Bagpipes rock!
18. Travel at Christmas, or stay home?
We travel the roads of Idaho Falls. With both sets of grandparents living nearby, we have to make stops at their houses.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
"Come Dasher, come Dancer, come Prancer and Vixen. On Comet, on Cupid, on Donder, on Blitzen. To the top of the porch, to the top of the wall. Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!"
20. Angel or star at the top of the tree?
I'm good with either, but our tree sports a gold star that lights up.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
In our family, we got to open one present from our parents on Christmas Eve and then the rest Christmas morning. I think we'll do that this year with our girls.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The crowds. I shouldn't have to wear football pads and helmet to make my way through Wal-Mart.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Our tree has gold and red balls and ribbon.
24. Favorite Christmas dinner?
I'm a big fan of food, so anything that's homemade.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Clothes. I'm tired of having only two pairs of pants I feel are suitable for public viewing.
Tag! You're it! That means you: Lindsay, Amy, Annie, Tara, and Ashley.