2022-09-27

Seth's gigs at the Egyptian Coffee House

 One Friday when Seth and I needed something to do for a date, we found out about a little coffee house in downtown I.F. where they feature local musicians on Friday nights. We listened to an indie/folk-type musician and sipped our Italian sodas, and Seth decided to contact the owner to see about being one of those local musicians. He gave her a list of available dates, and she asked him to play three times: June 10, July 1, July 8. Seth prepared a set list and then adapted it to his whims and audience. He had friends from work, friends from the ward and stake, and family members who came to listen to his tunes and enjoy the atmosphere. I joined in on a couple of songs: "Red Moon Rising" (tambourine), "Resurrection Fern," "I'll Be There for You," "Lost in My Mind," "Blank Space."

Seth playing in the coffee house with the flyer advertising musicians.
Enjoying the gig.

Winnie and Seth at the coffee house. The girls and I got ice cream and enjoyed it while he played.

Winnie and Ana.

Miriam.

Rebekah, Andrea and Winnie.

Seth playing.

Last gig of the set. Dennis and Susan made it to this one after calling me because they went to the wrong coffee house and weren't sure where they were supposed to go.