Rebekah's actual birthday was on a Tuesday, so we held a birthday dinner (which also celebrated the birthdays of Seth and Aunt Jessica) on Sunday, June 12.
Rebekah got to hold her baby cousin Canyon for the first time.
The T-shirt Aunt Rachel got Rebekah. Rebekah also received cash from Grandma Susan and Grandpa Dennis, Swedish fish from Uncle T's family, black socks from us (I swear ... that's what she really wanted!), and an egg cooker from Grandma Scott. Rebekah LOVES eggs in any way, shape or form, and the cooker will go with her to college next year.
The three cakes Ana made for the birthday havers. Seth had the banana. Aunt Jessica had the red velvet. Rebekah had the salted caramel.
The rainwater that collected inside our house that night. This was the second time we had major leakage through the roof, and it took some work, but it looks like the underlying problem has finally been solved. Since this incident in June and the repairs that were completed, we haven't had any more leaks. And Tobin was really good to not charge us (or our insurance) anything this time around. They obviously didn't fix it right the first time, so they made sure to do it the second time.
We planned to take Rebekah to Sushi Time, but they had too long of a wait. So instead we went to CupBop for Korean barbecue.
The day after Rebekah's actual birthday, she and I (and the other drum major ... Brad from Hillcrest) drove down to American Fork and attended a band leadership camp. And honestly, that's probably the best birthday present anyone could have given her. We left very early on the morning of the 15th. Rebekah and I stayed with my Aunt Susan in South Jordan, and Brad stayed with the Bonneville band director's grandparents-in-law in American Fork. They spent the days learning about how to be good drum majors, and I spent the days updating our blog (which is when I last got around to this), visiting with Ross and Susan, going to sessions in three different temples, shopping at a couple of D.I.s and hiking to Timpanogos Cave (but not going inside). Brad said about two words the entire time he was in the car, but Rebekah and I had some good conversations as we traveled.
Selfie I shot and sent to the family. Rebekah and I shared the king-sized bed in Susan's basement after we kicked her granddaughter out of it to the bedroom upstairs. (I felt really bad about that, but Susan assured me that Kaylen would have had to move in a couple of days anyway because her parents were coming to visit, and they would need the basement bedroom.)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)