In 2019, I didn't realize the homecoming parade was something I should know about. Rebekah was on the band float, but I didn't witness it. In 2020, the parade was canceled due to rain. In 2021, I saw my girls on the parade not once, but twice.
Ana was on the ballroom float; Bekah was on the band float. I was too slow getting to Summit Hill Elementary to see the parade there, so I hightailed it to Discovery, parked in the parent loop (a big no-no as parents are supposed to remain in their cars to keep the line moving ... but kids weren't out of school yet, so I justified my actions) and caught sight of them there. Then I went to Rocky Mountain Middle School for a second sighting.
1st sighting
Ana tosses me candy. I gathered it off the grass and handed it to the teacher of the kids who were sitting on the sidewalk closest to me.
Rebekah sticks her tongue out at me. The trombones were on the side of the float opposite of where I was at Discovery, so after they passed, I crossed the street and ran ahead of them to shoot pictures. One kid wondered who the lady with the camera was. Bekah knew.