2021-11-18

Hike #11: Lower Palisades

The kids were in school. Seth was at work. My parents were working at the temple. But I had a whole day with nothing on my schedule, so I brought Peach and my bear spray with me to hike the 9 miles to the lake and back on Wednesday, September 15.

With one ear bud in to listen to my book, a schedule to keep (I wanted to be home before the girls got there) and no one to adjust my speed for, Peach and I made the hike in 3.5 hours. We didn't eat lunch at the lake since it was close to 10 when we got there, but we did take some time to eat a few snacks and get in the water (Peach, not me).

Creek selfie.

Peach at the lake.

Puppy kisses at the lake.
Peach headed up the trail with beautiful fall foliage in the foreground. For most of the hike back, Peach let me lead.