2013-06-26

Bekahism #50


I took Rebekah (8) geocaching this Saturday out west and north of the Menan Buttes. We looked for 16 caches and found 10 (but 3 were microcaches without any "prizes" in them and Bekah was pretty miffed about that). It was a blast. I'll probably post some pictures or something another time. But I wanted to be sure to post this before I forget this Bekah-ism.

On the way driving back towards Rexburg, we passed a sign...

Bekah:  Um, Dad? Why does that sign say "Mean Butts?"
Seth: What?!?

Then I looked:



Seth: Oh. It says "Menan Buttes," Rebekah. That's the name of those mountains.
Bekah: Well, if they don't want people to think it's "Mean Butts," they shouldn't spell it so much like "Mean Butts."

True that, Bekah. True that.

(In her defense: she's a very good reader/speller. We were just speeding down the road and she didn't really get the chance to get a good look at it.)