2013-03-19

Winter cabin trip

Just like in years past, we loaded up the snow clothes and kids for a quick winter retreat to Grandma and Grandpa Hendricks' cabin in Island Park (March 8-10). This time, however, we took an extra occupant with us. Grandpa Dennis was on his own trip to sunny Nevada, so we asked Grandma Susan to come with us to the cabin.

Not that she needed to, but she definitely earned her keep. She took care of Winnie while I napped Saturday morning, and she stayed with Winnie at the cabin Saturday afternoon while we took the girls out on a walk to find a good sledding hill. (And, yet again, I forgot to bring my real camera.)

Seth pulling Miriam in the sled while Bekah pulls her own sled and Analee walks alongside.

Bekah found a short, steep hill to sled down.

When the girls got tired of walking, this is how they coped: Seth pulled Miriam and Bekah in the bigger sled, and Bekah held onto the rope of the little sled that Analee was riding in. It's a good thing Seth is such a tough guy to pull all three girls.

Usually when we stay in Island Park for a weekend, we just attend church up there. But with Seth's ward clerk duties and our 1 p.m. church, we figured we could drive home in our pajamas Sunday morning and get ready in time for our own sacrament meeting. It's a good thing I was browsing Facebook after we got home and while I was feeding Winnie, because I read a friend's status that mentioned daylight savings. Even though we knew about it ahead of time, we had both forgotten that we would be losing an hour. Luckily, we (read: "I." Seth had already showered, and I had already gotten all the girls dressed and their hair done.) were able to pack our church bags and be ready in time.