Andrea's out playing volleyball with some friends, and I'm holding down the fort here. The kids are in bed, so I decide to help myself to a bowl of
Neapolitan. As I'm dishing it up, Bekah comes upstairs to get a stuffed animal she "can't go to sleep without" and catches me in the act.
Bekah: Wait, what are you doing?
Seth: I'm getting a bowl of ice cream.
Bekah: Ice cream? Why do you get ice cream?
Seth: Um... Because I'm 30 years old and I can have ice cream if I want it.
Bekah: But, Dad, that's not fair! Seriously!
Seth: Look, you can have ice cream tomorrow for desert, Ok?
Bekah: Fine, but... seriously, Dad! Ice cream? At this hour? It's the middle of the night!
Seth: Bekah, it's like 8:45. It's not the middle of the night. Stop lecturing me.
Bekah: Fine. But I'm telling Ana.
Sheesh, a guy can't eat a bowl of ice cream without getting the third degree from his own kid.