2013-02-11

More little miracles


She's only 4 months old. She proved to us once that there are guardian angels watching over her ... I guess she just wanted to remind us of that fact.

One week ago (2/4), Winnie developed a barking cough. Since she's so young, I called the doctor's office first thing the next day and made an appointment. The doctor looked her over, told me she was okay and let me know that if she started having a hard time breathing or got a fever to bring her right back in.

By Friday night (2/8), the cough had transformed from a barking cough to a junky cough. She felt a little warm that evening, so we took her temperature. It was 100 degrees even, so we gave her some Tylenol. It kicked her temp back down to normal, and she seemed fine.

Saturday morning, no fever. Same cough. Saturday night, a temperature of 101.8. I called the pediatrician on call, and he said if she didn't seem to be acting too sick (which she wasn't ... she was being her same sweet self) or having trouble breathing, she could take some more Tylenol and wait to see the doctor until the next day. Or if she seemed to be doing fine Sunday, we could just watch her and determine if we thought she needed to see a doctor later on.

Sunday morning, no fever. We took her to church and to Grandma's. Sunday night, a temperature of 100.4. The Tylenol took care of that again.

Today was her 4-month check-up, as previously discussed. If she hadn't already had an appointment scheduled, I may have made one anyway ... I don't know.

Either way, I'm grateful we went in today. I'm grateful we have a skilled doctor. I'm grateful for the chest X-ray torture chamber of doom.

And now I'm grateful for antibiotics. Not only does she have bronchiolitis, but she also has early signs of pneumonia. We're instructed to give her medicine and keep an eye on her. She'll be fine staying at home unless she seems to be having a hard time breathing.

Isn't this the sweetest pneumonic baby the world has ever seen?