Weight: 11 pounds, 5 ounces (3rd percentile)
Height: 23 inches (17th percentile)
Head: 16.33 inches (73rd percentile)
She's a typical Grover: big head, scrawny everything else.
Winnie's had a cough for a week and a fever the past three evenings, so the doctor suggested we delay her 4-month immunizations until she's feeling better. And after listening carefully to her lungs, he suggested that we get a chest X-ray. He said it sounds like she has bronchiolitis, but he wants to make sure it's not developing into pneumonia.
If you've never had a baby get a chest X-ray, you're missing out. I thought all devices like the Iron Maiden were a thing of the past. I really wanted to get a picture of my precious baby squeezed into a plastic tube, but Analee and Miriam had my phone in the other room (when the staff asked me, "Is there anyone else with you who can stay with them?" and I shot them a look that said, "Do you SEE anyone else here with me?") so they could play Angry Birds, and I was busy holding Winnie's hands up above her head. But since words won't do the procedure justice, here's a picture I borrowed from the Intertubes:
Here is an empty pigg-o-stat, as it's called. How does this help your wee one get her chest X-rayed?
By squeezing her into the tube with her arms above her head. This one has holes for the kids legs--Winnie just had hers tucked under her body so she was kneeling.
Looks traumatic, no? I'll admit I was a little nervous as they closed it around her tiny little body. But my sweet little Winnie was very content as they took the X-rays. She just spent her time in there chewing the piece of plastic just below her face. We should hear back from the doctor's office later today. If she has pneumonia, she'll get to experience her first antibiotics. If it's just bronchiolitis, she'll get Tylenol as needed.

