2012-01-16

Bekah's testimony

Yesterday at fast and testimony meeting (Why are we having fast Sunday in the middle of the month? Because the first Sunday was New Year's, and the second Sunday was our stake conference. Anyway ...) Bekah asked if she could bear her testimony.

Seth and I want our children to wait and bear their testimonies during sacrament meeting when they're old enough to do it completely by themselves. At Family Home Evening every week, we allow time for testimonies so that the girls can hear ours and practice articulating theirs.

So when Bekah expressed interest in going to the pulpit, Seth and I quickly conferred and decided that yes, if she wanted to, she could.

Here is what she said:

"I'd like to bear my testimony. I know the church is true. I know that God has a plan for us. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

She later said that it was a short testimony, but I reassured her that the length doesn't matter; it's the sincerity. And what a sweet, sincere testimony it was.