This year in Primary, the theme is "Choose the Right." The Primary presidency has told the children that each week, a few will get the chance to share with everyone something they've done to choose the right. Yesterday, Rebekah was called on to share.
Bekah: Yesterday I chose the right by helping my mom make broccoli cheese soup.
Sis. Young: Yum! I love broccoli cheese soup! I think I'll come to your house to eat today. And helping your mom is definitely choosing the right.
Bekah: Yeah, I had to take over for my sister who cut her hand with a knife.
Not funny in and of itself, I know. But you can imagine my embarrassment as Bekah broadcast this information to the entire senior Primary. Who allows their four-year-old to handle knives in the kitchen? Yeah, that would be me. But it was a dull steak knife, and Ana has helped me chop vegetables in the past without sustaining any injuries, and the cut wasn't very deep. No, I didn't make Bekah help me or take over for her sister; she volunteered. And instead of using sharp instruments, Bekah helped by stirring the soup in the pot.