2010-11-01

All Hallow's Eve

Happy (late) Halloween from the Grovers!

I swear, Halloween just gets more and more fun as we have more kids and they get bigger. This year's festivities included the annual pumpkin carving:

As far as carving skills go, this is a level one. But the underlying awesomeness makes up for it. Seth did the traditional jack-o-lantern; I did the skull.

Halloween costume back story: For months, the girls had said they would dress up as Gandolf and Bilbo for Halloween. My nerd heart soared as I heard this, but my practical mind sunk as I tried to figure out how to transform my pretty little three-year-old into a 100+-year-old hobbit and my five-year-old into a wizened sorcerer.

Eventually, however, the girls decided to be fairy princesses. And Bekah even said, "We can just wear the same dresses we wore last year to be princesses." Hallelujah. I can manage flower wreaths for their hair and wings. Just don't ask me to how to make hairy prosthetic feet and a three-foot beard.

To include Miriam in our pretty, pretty theme, we dressed her up as a flower.

Analee, the pretty golden fairy princess.

Rebekah, the pretty pink fairy princess.

Analee and Rebekah giving Sophie some love. Sophie is Aunt Jessica's dog that we are dog-sitting for a few days. The dog is dressed up as a human, I guess.

So on Saturday, we got all dressed up to visit the grandparents, have a barbecue at Old Grandma Grover's house, participate in the local trunk-or-treat and ring a few doorbells in the neighborhood.

The day was definitely a success, as evidenced by a quote from a weary Analee trudging down the street: "Mom, my bag is too heavy."

(To be said in a Montgomery Burns voice:) Excellent. All the more candy for me.