2009-10-28

Prepare yourself for utter awesomeness

Every year since we were married, Seth and I have carved pumpkins the week of Halloween. And every year, we've gotten better and cooler. (For last year's post with links to other past years' pics, click here.)

Tonight when we decided it was time to pull out all the sharp knives and blunt pumpkins, Seth scoured the Internet for awesome ideas. And awesome ideas are what he found.

Check out this year's pumpkin-carving results:

My worried-looking Darth Vader is (obviously) on the left. Seth's stony-silenced stormtrooper is on the right. Don't you dare tell me I spelled "stormtrooper" wrong, squiggly red line. I know what I'm talking about.

Boo-yah! I guess our family has been on quite the Star Wars kick as of late. The girls have implored me to tell every Star Wars story I know, they play with my old figurines and coloring books, and Seth entertained them while I finished those crazy-tiny details on ol' Darth by playing Force Unleashed on the Wii. That's right ... we're raising our girls to be the nerdiest of nerds.

And here's the happy carving/coloring bunch:

Bekah, her sucker, Andrea, Ana, her sucker and Seth next to our creations.


As usual, we didn't let our girls play with knives; they markered up their mini pumpkins. Bekah told us she colored hers to be Yoda. *Sniff!* I'm so proud.
And the girls are shirtless because we didn't want them getting marker on their clothes.

One thing I learned tonight: Apparently my face does that (refer to picture above) when I instruct my girls to say, "Cheese!" That is the one not-so-awesome aspect of the entire evening.