You'd think Seth would have realized by now (after more than six years of marriage and three pregnancies) that you never EVER make comments that can in any way be misconstrued by your wife as being derogatory in the weight department. You'd think. Then why has he made the following THREE comments on THREE separate occasions?
#1
Me: "I wish I had some bigger pants."
Seth: "Bigger than MATERNITY PANTS?!"
(The maternity pants fit me just fine, by the way. I was referring to pajama pants.)
#2
Me: "I look like a beached whale."
Seth: "You're not beached."
#3
While sitting on the couch after the girls' bedtime watching T.V.
Seth: (Scoots closer to me) "I'll come over to be in your orbit."
So apparently now that I'm seven months pregnant and my girth has exceeded what even super-stretchy maternity pants can handle and I've adapted to living out of the ocean, I now have my own gravitational pull. Swell.
(But honestly, after shooting him a crusty and pointing out the error of his ways, we have both had a good laugh over Seth's slips. I'm not posting this to exact revenge or tattle on my husband; I just think that these are too hilarious to remain unpublished. Love you, Seth. ;-))