The other night I got home from work and sat down to eat dinner with Andrea and the girls. Andrea had undertaken, with the Bekah and Ana's "help," to make a batch of chocolate-covered strawberries as her Valentine's Day present for me. She had, of course, sworn the girls to secrecy.
As we sat at the table, I asked, "So girls, what did you do today?"
Bekah reported some of her activities to me, then Ana excitedly blurted out "And chocolate strawberries!!!"
Andrea put her finger to pursed lips and said, "Ana, shh!" in hopes that I hadn't heard or understood.
Ana, confused, lowered her voice and whispered "Chocolate strawberries." The poor girl was bewildered about why Mommy wanted her to say it more quietly.
Slowly, however, it dawned on her what she'd done. Her brow furrowed and her little mouth turned into a pout. Despite Andrea's attempts to prevent the flood, soon big, round tears were rolling down her little cheeks. She eventually calmed down and her usual smile returned, and Andrea and I had a good laugh later about it.
Anyway, it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day for me to realize I'm the luckiest man in the world, with the three best Valentines a guy could hope for.