2009-04-26

new youtube videos

I had a little bit of time yesterday while Bekah was with my parents, Ana was asleep, and Andrea was visiting with her mom. I was feeling a little bored and a little exhibitionistic. I considered streaking, but decided that recording a few songs for the interwebs is less cold and more legal, whilst still retaining most of the unpleasantness for the witnesses. So here they are!

This is "Light of Day" (or, as my wife calls it, "Tooele"). It's first song I ever wrote about a girl. It was the summer between my sophomore and junior years of high school. I went to Especially For Youth at Ricks College for a week, and got a crush on a girl I met there. She was a year older than me, and she held my hand, and she was female, so I was smitten. (I remember her name, but to save her the embarrassment of possibly coming across this someday, I'll keep that little bit of information to myself.) I came home and wrote this song. It's simple, but I think it's pretty. If you'd like to download the "studio" version, click here..





Next, "Red Right Ankle," by the Decemberists. Not really a story here, I just like the song.




Finally, a couple of Neil young songs. I'll not embed them here, but I'll give you the links:

-sg