And her mom is finally blogging about it!
Miriam's birthday fell on a Monday this year, so we had a family birthday dinner for her on Sunday where we ate delicious breakfast burritos (I had good practice making them since I signed up to provide breakfast burritos to all the ballroom dancers while they were an nationals in Provo) and birthday cake. Her grandparents and cousins came to celebrate with her.
Miriam's cake was a play on the demon cake from a Saturday Night Live skit. Below is the cake from the skit:
Even though the girls hadn't seen the skit before (we looked it up and watched most of it so they understood the background), they somehow knew of the cake, and Miriam wanted her birthday cake to resemble it. I honestly can't find any pictures of the cake right now (if I do, I'll come back and place them here), but it did turn out to be slightly cuter than this one.
On her actual birthday, she didn't have school (it was the Monday after spring break, but the secondary kids have an intervention day on Monday, and Miriam's grades were more than sufficient), but she did have a drum set lesson at Chesbro Music. And Jonah, her teacher, let her have it for free.
.jpg)

.jpg)