2022-11-15

Drake Creek and then Grove Creek and Drake Creek Loop

 The kids were back in school, but the sun was still shining, so Peach and I tried out a new trail by Victor on Wednesday, September 14. It's only 3.1 miles out and back, but it does climb over 1,100 feet in elevation. We were supposed to be graced by views of Victor and the Tetons at the highest point, but we were completely surrounded by fog. It was still a beautiful trail.

Peach and I at our summit.

The fog around us.

Peach tuckered out in the back seat on the way home.

A week later, my childhood friend Brooke asked if I was up for some hiking. I asked if we could do the Grove Creek and Drake Creek loop so I could check out the backside of the trail. That ended up being 8 miles and over 1,700 feet of elevation gain, but the day was clear and sunny, so we could see everything Peach and I failed to see the first time. 

Selfie on top.