2020-02-24

Yule Ball

Poor Rebekah missed out on the Idaho Falls Public Library's Yule Ball this year because she made all-state band. Her group left the same day as the ball (Wednesday, January 29), so we adopted Aunt Jessica to come with us. Our group ended up winning third place in the family costumes contest, so now we have a cool Harry Potter wand that lights up (besides all the cool memories of drink butterbeer, dancing, making wands, etc.).

 Winnie as Dolores Umbridge. 

 Andrea as Rita Skeeter.

Miriam as Nymphadora Tonks. 

 Ana as the golden snitch.

Let's take a minute to appreciate Ana's costume, shall we? She wanted to be a snitch, but the only gold metallic clothes we could find at D.I. was this pair of 2XL leggings. 


I'm no seamstress, so I must say that I'm pretty darn impressed with myself for being able to transform that pair of leggings into Ana's snitch dress. Let's see the side-by-side, shall we?


Her wings are various silver tulle and ribbon I found at thrift stores.

Seth as the biggest Dobby you've ever seen. 

Aunt Jessica (as Ginny Weasley) with Winnie, Ana, Miri and Albus.

Tonks chasing Umbridge through the library.

Seth helping the snitch to fly.


Forbidden love: Rita Skeeter and Dobby.