2019-11-08

Halloween

We thought we'd do our traditional family pumpkin carving the afternoon of Halloween (I even picked up the older girls from school so we'd have more time), but our pumpkins that had been sitting on the front porch were frozen solid. The girls were sad, but we managed to have a good Halloween anyway.

Seth took the younger two girls trick-or-treating on a couple of the streets in our neighborhood. Ana invited a few friends over to go to the church trunk-or-treat, then go door-to-door down her grandparents' road. Bekah had Idaho Falls Youth Symphony rehearsal. I managed the door and operated as the family chauffeur.

 Seth won third place in his office costume contest as Yoda. I dressed up as a scarecrow to run Winnie's second grade class party and hand out candy at home. Rebekah was Rosie the Riveter for school. Ana was a mermaid. Miriam was a light-up stick Newsie (below you can see how the lights worked). Winnie (along with a million other little girls) was a unicorn.

Miriam in the dark garage so you can see her lights.

Samantha, Ana, Lili and Addy with their candy haul.