2019-09-11

Family photos

It has been a couple years since the last time we took family pictures, so I asked my dad if he could shoot some more for us. I told him I wasn't sure where we should go for the pictures, but I mentioned Fall Creek and Twin Bridges as possibilities. He had just been to Fall Creek with the varsity scouts, so he thought that would be a lot of fun. And fun it was.

My favorite shot of the group.

 Our cute girls.

Us.

But what you don't see in the polished shots we hang on the walls is the adventure it was to get eight people (our six + my parents) (five of us in skirts) to this point.

Traveling downhill from the road to the bank of the river. Remember, Miriam doesn't like heights. This took a lot of encouragement from several people to get her where she needed to go.

Wading through water to the falls. The mud is so thick and squishy here that it was a trial getting your shoe unstuck with every single step.

Climbing up the falls.

Did it take more time than we thought it would? Yes. Did we get wetter/muddier than we anticipated? Definitely. But was it worth it? Absolutely.