2019-06-01

End of the school year stuff

Ho. Ly. Cow. So many things take place at the end of the school year. Prepare yourself for a whirlwind of adventure!


PATRIOTIC PROGRAM

The third graders sang songs Friday, May 17 in honor on our country and servicemen and women.

 Singing "There Are Many Flags."

"We Love the USA" while leaving the stage.


 ACCELERATED READING ASSEMBLY

All the elementary students came to the gym for the end-of-the-year AR assembly on Thursday, May 23.

Miriam playing around with friends before the assembly starts.

When your daughter and her friends realize you're taking pictures of them. 

And then pose for the camera. 

And then start singing along to "How Far I'll Go" from Moana. 

Winnie made it into the 200 point club--the only kindergartener to do so.  

 Both Ana and Miri made it into the 500 point club.


THIRD GRADE FIELD TRIP

I got to accompany Miriam's class to the Philo T. Farnsworth Museum in Rigby followed by a picnic lunch and playing at the pirate park on Friday, May 24.

 Miriam pushing her friend Kyree on the swing at the pirate park.

FIELD DAY

On the second to last day of school (Thursday, May 30), I got burnt to a crisp helping at field day while the girls played games, ate ice pops and got sprayed by a fire truck. We also lost Winnie's glasses and miraculously found them the next day in the field.

 A soaking Winnie after getting sprayed.


LAST DAY

While Rebekah went to her last day of middle school EVER and emceed and performed in the talent show she helped organize, I went to the elementary school to supervise that talent show. The student council organized the whole thing, and since I'm an adviser to the student council, I got to help.

Then Ana and all the other students and teachers whose last day at Fairview was that day got to ring the bell and give fives to all the students at the school.

Ana performs "Remember Autumn." She and two other sixth grade acts were voted in to the talent show.

 Student council members pose on the stage after being the stage crew, emcee, and opening and closing entertainment for the talent show. They performed two skits: the "pass it down" movie skit and "If I Were a Falcon."

 Ana's turn to ring the bell.

 Ana getting a hug from Miss Rabago, her sixth grade teacher. Miss Rabago is getting married this summer and moving to Texas, so the kids will likely not see her again. It was sad to see such a great teacher go, but we wish her well.

Classmates posing with Miss Rabago.