2019-03-06

Dressing up

Rebekah and Analee got to participate in a "Decades Dinner" in February. The Young Women and Young Men of the ward could dress up in clothes from their favorite decade and enjoy dinner and getting to know some of the older members of our ward. Analee and her friends decided they would go with the 80s, so we made her some big hair. And Rebekah wore one of her great-grandma's dresses from the 60s.


She was trying to tell me how to make her hair big, and I said, "Child! Don't tell me how to make big hair! I was BORN in the 80s!"


Rebekah wasn't so sure about the dress, the tights or the hair, but I begged her to do all of it. And she ended up looking this cute!

Then for Dr. Seuss day at school on March 1, the younger girls dressed up as favorite book characters.

Winnie went as Piggy from Mo Willem's Piggy and Elephant series. 

 Miriam wanted to be Ginny from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I told her no one would know who she was supposed to be if she just wore pajamas, so she wore a robe, borrowed her sister's Gryffindor scarf, and we fashioned a basilisk fang and Tom Riddle's diary.