2019-01-15

Rebekah's Christmas concerts

Because you can never get enough Christmas music or low brass instruments, Rebekah participated in two Christmas concerts this year.

The first one was optional. On Saturday, December 15, Rebekah went to Rexburg, practiced for an hour, broke for lunch, then played euphonium for an hour for Tuba Christmas. Apparently it's a nationwide thing, this Tuba Christmas. All over the country, chapters of Tuba Christmas get together and play once a year. I've never seen so many tubas, baritones and euphoniums all shoved onto one stage.

Rebekah was on the front row (which NEVER happens in a band with other instruments), but it was still hard to get a picture of her playing. Between the bell of the euphonium, the music stand, the hoards of other musicians and the director, I didn't see a whole lot of her face.

The director telling us about the instruments and the music. The concert was held in the MC. 

Cute girl.

Everyone taking a bow.

The second one was mandatory. On Wednesday, December 19, Rebekah played trombone with the middle school jazz band and euphonium with the symphonic band.

This is how I saw her for about one second. 

 This is how she looked the rest of the time.

Mrs. Schumacher announced the band members who had made Honor Band, and they stood for applause. Rebekah was selected, so she was recognized. I have no pictures of her actually playing the euphonium, as you can see her position in relation to us and the rest of the band.